Monday, February 25, 2008

Whew!

I just have to tell you about a great deal I made this week. I sell things for other people, besides being a fiberglass suckerod salesman-I am also an auctioneer.

I sold 2 huge A\C units to a guy in Georgia. He sent a truck because I sell this big stuff as is - where is. We met a crane and the truck Saturday at 1 pm. Well almost -----crane is late.

2 pm and here is the crane---I be the swamper. Loaded and Rolling off to...........................................

Big Spring ----where the truck driver stops at the local TA truck stop and weighs the load............................. OVERWEIGHT BY 8000 LBS.
Saturday evening and now We need to unload 10,000 lbs of a\c equip off of this truck.
And because of the way that I loaded this truck , It is gonna take a crane to get the 10,000 lb switch off of this truck. I cradled the big units around this one and it must be lifted straight up.
No fork lift will do .
Oh did I forget to mention that due to the refinery blast earlier this week there is not a single crane or cherry picker available ----they are at the refinery.
Sunday morn..............................................more of the same. 1 p m Auction truck still overloaded.
Monday morn................Dispatcher calls ----truck need to go to Houston by Wed. They want to unload and reload on another truck.................................and after 2 hours of phone time to the buyer\shipper, trucker, broker, truck owner, crane operator, crane owner get the truck back to Big Spring(Dispatcher had sent him to Midland ????)...........................................Unloaded right?
Nope........................Wind too high! Gusts to 60mph!! We will wait to sundown--maybe the wind will die down. ...................................................................................................................................................................................more tomorrow.
thanks for YOUR time,
Scott e

No comments: