Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I HOPE THIS ISN'T CONTAGIOUS!!!!!

What a day!!! Up at 6 am and youngest off to school. Then off to the West to Midland to call on customers. First rattle out of the box, I go to refill the caffeine canister (BIG coffee cup) and slosh coffee down the front of my shirt. Luckily I am wearing a pastel green shirt that is made of some synthetic fiber that absorbs coffee as readily as dye!!!
So now I sit at my desk to answer emails (really blog browsing) and the phone rings, a second later my intercom buzzes and our Adm. asst. asks me who to direct a call towards. She tells me that this is a customer who wants to talk to our sales manager--ABOUT A SALESMAN!!!!!
So I tell her to get his name , digits, and company name and we will have the boss call him.
Who's customer--...................................................MINE!!!!!!! Tense 15 minutes and the boss calls me to let me off the hook, the call was about a friend of his who applied to our company.
Back to phone calls and emails , trying to set up lunches & appointments for next week, just trying to make work until my lunch appointment at 11.30 am. No luck --all my contacts were busy next week or already spring breakin'!! Ahhhhhh so goes my day!!!
Finally 11 am and I set out to meet our NEW client at Springcreek in Midland. I get there early to get everything arranged (learned that from Janie Sue) and at 11 25 am my date arrives. I introduce myself and we start to get acquainted . 11.34 am my guy's phone rings and it is his wife - their son has been in a car accident in Dallas (home)- while he is fine both he and his mother are shook up and my man begs off until a later date. I follow him to the car rental establishment and then taxi him over to his plane. (Private-he is the pilot) . It is now 11.54 and my day is not half done!!!
Now I am hungry , its way to late to get another customer for lunch, and even my fellow workers are already mid-meal. Well heck - I need to go to Sam's for my better half anyway.
Off to Sam's club-- No parking up close --but I drive a brand new crew cab 1 ton 4x4 anyway.
It is a lot easier to park way way out in the lot and walk--I really don't mind the walk and that way no runaway carts loaded with cokes and 1 gallon cans of corn can get away from some 102 lb woman and run into my new truck.
12.19 pm , The loudspeaker crackles and the lady says " Would the owner of the Fiberod truck in the Parking lot , please come to the front of the store!!!" SSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIIT!!!
12.45 pm Finally get out of Sam's Club parking lot. After meeting a very nice gentleman who neglected to set his brake or put his standard Ford F-150 into gear. Yep it was only a 1\2 ton but on the front of it was a cow-catcher brush guard that any F-350 would have proudly worn.
His insurance (State Farm thank you) has assured me that my vehicle will be put back good as new as soon as an adjuster calls me.
I think I should be verrry verrrry careful on the trip east to Big Spring. Lets see anything important that I need to do today ................Something verrry important..........................
Oh yeah! I've got to go VOTE!!!!!!!!! Yeah! That is something I could really screw up!!
My whole industry is keyed into this election !!! Oh well Wish Me Luck!!!!!
thanks for your time,
Scotte

No comments: