Friday, July 24, 2009

Ahhhhh! The Weekend!

This is my first real weekend off in months. I am so looking forward to sleeping late tomorrow. Late?? Yepper, I plan to sleep until 8 am in the morning. About 2 hours late for me. Well , 2 hours later than today anyway.
I know 8 am is not that late for most of the people living in modern society, but out here in West Texas , it is so late that the milk will go bad in the cow.
I hope the chickens will not cannabalize the eggs, or the pigs sizzle in the 100 degree heat-but dang nab it ....I deserve to sleep late at least every once in a while.
So you citified folk had better not be ringing my phone before 8.01 am tomorrow. And after that I will be out on regular duty, Conversing with the farm animals that constitute the normalness of West Texas.
YeeHi! Thank God I'm a Country Boy!

Oh, Crap, I moved to town over 5 years ago! Oil Well!
cya
ScottE

1 comment:

That Janie Girl said...

Yup.

I'm like, "What chickens??"

Heh.