Today it became official. I am way past flatbelly stage of larvadom.
When I went back to work in the Oilfield 3 years ago , I was pushing the scales at a sleek 185. I thought that I was in great shape and could carry the world. After following in thatJaniegirls footsteps and setting breakfast and lunch appointments every blessed day of the week , by the time I looked up again, I was up to 200.
When I had my heart attack on March 4th, 2009 , I was still at 199. Today at my checkup , I weighed in at..................................217. I have only been this heavy once before as a younger firefighter. I got up to 235 before getting to work on losing it again.
I quit smoking on March 4 th also, this is where this new weight gain begins. I eat all the time, from the time I get up until bedtime.
Food just doesn't satisfy me, I crave a cigarette! I don't want sticky platelets or constricting arteries , but I really want a cigarette.
- At least 6 times a day, ( an improvement over 20 TD), I want to beat the shit out of somebody. Usually for something like a sneeze, or some offhand comment. Instead I eat...........and eat.
- I know that it takes 475 licks to get to the chewy chocolate center of a tootsie-pop. By the way if you have not noticed they added some new flavors. Pomegranate and Watermelon are very , very good.
- The peppermint puffs that sells at Sam's in a 3 pound tub, will last 14 days if my coworkers (thieves) will stay out of my food.
- The "EEEEEEEEEEEEEE" key sticks when bombarded with sunflower seed hulls.
- The sheer volume of sugar and Dr. Pepper consumed is compounded by a factor of my age (50). Sugar Diabetes is the most probable malady in my future.
So my new lot in life is to curb this new found appetite, because it does not fill my belly or my needs. I will blog about my efforts, but will not cage myself by only blogging about that subject.
I can already not blog about work, because there is always the outside chance that a coworker will stumble across this blogger thingy.
Cya when I cya,